This will be short, cause I really should be getting ready for work, but I wanted to update a bit about what's going on with Maryn.
Last Monday (July 6th) she was taken off the vent and put on high-flow nasal cannula and was also given some steroids to help with the inflammation in her windpipe. She seemed to be doing alright for the most part til Saturday. She seemed to be working extra hard, so the docs thought that maybe another round of steroids would do the trick. It did seem to help a bit, though she was still having stridor issues. Monday came, and the resident rotation switched, and the new doc didn't like the sound of everything, so he decided that a trach is what was needed. I don't know how they got everything set up so fast, but Tuesday at 7am, Maryn had her trach surgery. Everyone was a wreck for most of the day Monday and all of Tuesday, but it seems to have all been worth it. Her color has really improved and she's no longer straining to get a full breath. She's such a little chub, and I really need to get new pictures up on here because she's changed *so* much since I last posted pics.
Oh, and one kinda exciting thing for me before I sign off. On Saturday I spent a good 5 hours up at the hospital with Maryn and my sister...and I got to hold Maryn for the first time!! It was so great! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment