Ok, So I caved. Here I am again, with lots to catch up on.
First off...Maryn in 5 1/2 lbs!! Holy Moley! She's still having troubles getting off the vent, though. So sometime this week the Docs are going to take her off yet again, and if her windpipe is still collapsing like it has been, then they are seriously considering a trach. They're also talking about the possibility of a g-button since she's had the vent for so long. Apparently that can cause an oral aversion, so she may not want to eat properly. But other good news is that she's in a crib instead of an isolette now! Since she's doing so well gaining weight, she's able to hold her own body temp now, so the isolette is no longer needed. Wahoo! :-)
Our trip to the Black Hills was amazing. I hope to put up some pictures of our adventures sometime soon, but I've been super lazy when it comes to uploading our pics to the computer. It was kinda weird going back there after so long. Especially driving by my family's old house and seeing how it's not been well taken care of. But it was pretty cool how everything seemed to come back to me after 13 years. All in all though, it was a really great time, and I hope we can get back there again sometime in the near future.
I'm going to try to keep this more updated in the future. There's a lot going on with our family right now, and I hope to get it all out on here sometime soon. As for right now, I've got to cut this a bit short. Dan's Grandpa died this past week and the wake is tonight, so we've got to start getting things together for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment