First and foremost, about Maryn. The little stinker is back on the vent again, but doing well on it (i.e. very low bpm & pressure, and on room air). The nurses think that she just needs to get a little bigger before CPAP will be a success. Dan and I went to visit her Sunday afternoon, and she was all sorts of adorable on her tummy wrapped like a burrito. Cheryl, one of her day nurses, said she was wearing the "pint-sized peanut" onesie we had gotten her. Would have loved to have gotten a pic but no such luck since she was all bundled up. Tasha said that she has some from earlier that day so I very much look forward to getting my hands on those! She's also up to 2lbs 8oz now, so keep on growing little girl!
The earlier part of Sunday was spent with Dan's family at his nephew Rollie's 8th grade graduation/confirmation party. It was a lot of fun seeing all the nieces/nephews running around and getting into trouble. I think the spotlight was on the family's new(ish) bulldog puppy for most of the day though. I use the term 'puppy' lightly, for though she is still under a year old, she's beefy! She's got all the energy of a pup, but the force of a full-grown dog, which is sometimes a bad combination when kids under 5 years of age are there. My favorite moment with her though, had to be when our 4 year old niece, Elle, was laying on the floor trying to get Clementine's (the pup) attention. Clem saunters over and sits near Elle's head, causing Elle get a disturbed look on her face and say, "Eww, butt!"
Today was spent preparing for our trip on the 29th. Yesterday we actually booked the campsite, so no turning back now! Today we made a trip out to Bass Pro Shops to pick up a few necessities (a sleeping bag and hiking boots for me mainly) but walked out with more than we had planned for. It's too easy to do when you're excited about a trip I guess! But it was nice getting those things because it makes it feel like the trip is just that much closer, and I know this vacation is something that both of us really need right now.
Now I'm off to spend a quiet evening with the husband, watching movies and dreading having to work tomorrow. I leave you with a pic of Clementine, probably about to bowl over a kid or two.



Just wanted to stop by to thank you so much for the prayers and support for Bentley. We are so grateful for amazing bloggin' friends like you. Although we do not personally know each other, support is support and I hold that close to my heart!! Thank you so much!!
ReplyDelete