Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wow...haven't posted since July. Erm, yea, sorry bout that!

So a synopsis of the last 3 months:

My back is doing better, though still nowhere near 100%. I still have bad days and good days, but the good are starting to overtake the bad. Still not too sure about this NUCCA stuff...it may be working or it may just be mind over matter. Whatever it is, I'm just glad I'm not in pain every day anymore!

Come to find out, what prompted my trip to the ER back in July was actually a gallbladder attack. I've had a few really bad ones since, and have talked with the doctor about removing it. The next time I have one I'm supposed to go back to the ER or my doc and it may be removed that day. Ugh. Yay potential surgery.

Lucy is growing like a weed. She's already wearing 12month clothes at 8months old! She's sitting so well on her own, rolling everywhere, getting into everything, and babbling like none other. She's not crawling or pulling up yet, though she does love to stand and will freak out if you don't help her do so. She's also become quite the acrobat! She used to love sitting on her dad's shoulders, now as soon as she gets up there, she tries to flip over his right shoulder and laughs the whole way down. She also loves to be dangled upside down and waved back and forth doing what we call "shake the baby". Her squeals of delight are music to this mama's ears.

We did have a scare recently involving Lucy. We thought she had an ear infection so we took her to her pediatrician. Her ears were fine, but he found a mass in the back of her throat above one of her tonsils. He had never seen anything like that before, so we got referred to an ENT for that afternoon. Well, her ENT had never seen anything like it in that location, so surgery was scheduled to remove it. We were told it could be one of sooo many things, but cancer was one of them & just the mention of that word struck fear to my very core. Long story short, surgery went well, they got the whole mass (2/3 of an inch...can you imagine THAT in an 8month old's airway?!), Lucy was playing like normal 3 hours post-surgery, she was kept overnight for observation, and a week later we got pathology back saying it was a mucocele, just in a very strange area. We have to keep an eye on it because there is a chance it might grow back, but I'm just so relieved it's over!! I'll try to post pics of everything soon, but we know how great my track record is when it comes to updating this blog!!

1 comment: