Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fun Day Ahead!

So I've been slacking, I know. I'm horrible at finding time to get on here lately. But things have been pretty good here.

I've now started my new job. It's fun and it's easy, but being on my feet 8 hours a day is slowly killing both my feet and my back. When I had this job before, I remember the transition period kinda sucked, but eventually I got used to it. I dunno if that'll happen this time since there's more and more baby to support every day along with just getting used to my body being on my feet for that long. Ah well. The paychecks are good and it'll be worth it in the end to feel more financially secure when I go on maternity leave.

Ah, maternity leave. I'm so excited for that time to spend with Doodle once she's here. On the other hand though, I'm already nervous about having to return to work at the end of that 8 weeks. Each day I feel more and more connected to her, and I can't imagine having to leave her in someone else's care while I go off to work. Speaking of Doodle, she's become a lot more active lately. For the last few weeks I've started to feel her moving around, though it was in just quick bursts and little flutters. Last night as I tried to fall asleep though, I *really* felt her. It was the first time that I really felt like something was pushing at me from the inside, and it lasted for a good 15 minutes! It was just the most amazing feeling.

In other news, though I have the day off today, it's still gonna be a busy one. I have a lot of cleaning to do and errands to run this morning, but then the fun starts. One of my best friends that lives in Finland is in the States for her former host-brother's wedding, and I get to spend the afternoon/evening with her. I'm so looking forward to that, especially because it's been about 3 years since I've seen her last! So I'll be off with her to get a pedicure (heaven on my ever swelling feet) and maybe do a little shopping before we meet a few others for a nice girl's night out. Now I suppose I should get off the computer so I can actually get some things done before this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment