Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hectic Few Weeks

Yup. As the title states, this has been a hectic few weeks.

As of today, I am 14 weeks along, and I actually feel pretty great. I have heard that the second trimester tends to be the easiest, but after a horrendous first trimester (I was very sick for quite a few weeks in there...even lost weight which would be wonderful normally, but scared me so much considering) I thought it'd never get better. But it has, and I even have an appetite now, though I still have only gained about a pound so far. It's amazing feeling the changes that my body is going through. Today I laid in bed for an extra 15 minutes because I was so amazed that my lower abdomen felt rockhard. I went back and forth pushing on that, then my flubber above, amazed at the difference. And a couple days ago, I think I started to feel her moving a bit. Dan and I were at the movies and it was after a particularly loud sequence, but I felt a little flutter near where the ultrasound tech had found our babe that didn't feel like any digestion flutter I've felt before. I don't know if it's just me being impatient or imagining things, but it was so cool, nonetheless.

Another big change is happening in our family. After much discussion, Dan and I came to realize that with building a house and a baby on the way, my current work situation won't work. I love being an esthetician, but the uncertain paychecks, especially around the time Doodle's due, and the stress it puts on my body, means that I have to switch jobs. I'm actually going back to working for the makeup company I worked at before my current job. Everything's already set in motion, and my last day at the salon is this Saturday. It was very hard to put in my 2 weeks, but I really do think it's for the best. Though I will be on my feet a lot more at my new job, everything else is a move in the right direction.

The other major stressor recently came about this past weekend. On Friday Dan woke up not feeling too well. He ended up going to work that day, though he couldn't shake the feeling. By the time I picked him up at 5 for his lunch break, he had the chills and was achey all over. Still, he insisted on finishing his shift. At 9:30 I went to pick him up for the final time, and after giving him a hug I realized that he was burning up. I don't know why I didn't realize it earlier when he had the chills and aches, but I had him take his temp and it was 102.2. I tried everything I could remember to break his fever but it continued to get worse. It was a bad night and an even worse Saturday morning. Finally his temp peaked mid-morning Saturday at close to 103, then broke. He still doesn't feel great days later, but it's slowly getting better. But yesterday at work he found out that someone in his office was diagnosed with H1N1. Now am I not only scared that that's what he had, but that I've been exposed to it as well. If I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't care, I've been sick many many times before, but the idea of getting something like that, with that high of a fever, scares me because I know it could be bad for the baby. Oh thank goodness I have a doctor's appointement on Monday.

And with that, I think I'm going to go do some much needed laundry and drink lots and lots of fluids to try and stay healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I remember the first time, after I was sick for weeks during the first trimester, we went to dinner at my in-laws and I ate two steaks, finished off Philip's baked potato, had extra helpings of veggies and was still hungry . . . that's when I realized I was moving into the second trimester :) And the rock-hard belly = super fun! Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Angela, I've definitely had a few nights like that so far. It's almost weird to have an appetite again. Thanks for the congrats, and we should "talk" (email, fb message) sometime soon. We're talking names right now and I wanna know how you came up with Micaiah, cause I love it!

    ReplyDelete