So I’ve wanted to create a blog for some time now. I’ve wanted a place to be able to vent my frustrations and document all the good things in my life. Well, I’ve finally got the ambition to actually start one up, so here it is. What finally kicked my butt into gear was a major event that happened in my family a few days ago. I need a place to collect my emotions, and maybe beg for a few prayers if anyone happens to come across this blog.
On Tuesday March 31, 2009, my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl they named Maryn Elizabeth. She was born at 24 weeks 6 days gestation after a long fight to keep her inutero, weighing 1 lb 12 oz and measuring 12.5 inches long. There’s a long road ahead for the both of them, as Maryn fights to get stronger, and my sister, Tasha, fights the infection that caused the emergency c-section. It seems so unfair that they’re going through this, but I’m trying my hardest to put my faith in God.
My thoughts are all still jumbled about the whole event, but maybe having this to sort it out will help. Til I feel like sorting through the past few days again, I’ll leave you with my favorite picture of Maryn that I took when we had her baptized the night of her birth. (My husband, Dan, and I were chosen to be her godparents. I feel so blessed to have her and her big brother, Jameson, as my godchildren.) Here she is with my Grandma's rosary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Bless your heart for all you and your family are going through right now! I will defintely be praying for this precious child and your whole family.
ReplyDeleteOh really, Dallas is not too far from us! Small world.
Many prayers being sent your way!