Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009


Isn't she precious? This is a picture I took on Friday April 3rd, the first time since her birth that my sister had been able to see her. That's Tasha's hand in the isolette with Maryn.

Tasha *finally* seems to be beating that nasty infection so they allowed her to go visit her daughter in the NICU. Though the infection seems to be going away, the infectious disease doctor wants to keep her under observation in the hospital til at least Tuesday, just to be sure it's gone. Which we are all okay with because we'd rather they be extra cautious than have them miss something.

I was happy to be able to go visit them today. Yesterday I couldn't shake a bad cough and was worried I was coming down with something so I stayed home. I could never forgive myself if I did have something and gave it to one of them. But I felt better today, so after church we headed up to see Tasha first, then little Maryn for a bit. Tasha seemed to be in better spirits today, maybe having our aunt Susie and uncle Paul come surprise her from Wisconsin helped. They're such wonderful people and I am so glad that they're able to stay til Easter Sunday with us.

Maryn seems to be doing alright today. They lowered her oxygen while we visited her which was very exciting. She's also off of her bloodpressure medicine now and is officially back up to her birthweight (actually she's a little bit more, I think 800grams is what they said, when she was 790grams at birth). We are all very thankful for each little step in the right direction she takes.

I'm going to leave with a little video I took of Maryn today. Her sucking instinct is definitely kicking in, and it's adorable to watch. Oh, and don't mind my obsession with her feet. lol. I've already told her I'll give her her first pedicure...I just think her feet are so cute! They're so tiny and perfect, just like the rest of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment