So, yea. A lot has happened since I last posted. Some good, some bad.
Maryn did well in her recovery from her surgeries for the most part. Had an episode of iv fluid overload that made her face swell, but once they stopped the iv, that went back to normal. She was released after a few days, only to come back a few days after that with some sort of viral infection that was making her oxygen needs go all crazy. As of today, she's still in the hospital with that. We thought that maybe she'd come home yesterday since rumors had been floating around of her release, but no such luck. Today, though, she has been breathing room air with no additional oxygen which is a great step!
Lucy turned 3 months old on the 16th! Holy moley, I can't believe how fast this is going already!
She had her 3 month pictures taken, and was in absolutely no mood to have them done. We haven't gotten them back yet, but I'm not sure if there was even 1 good shot since she was such a crab! But once we do get them, I'll post a few up on here.
This past Friday (21st) was the rehearsal & pre-nup dinner for some friends of mine and Dan's. It was a beautiful event, but I don't even wanna know how much it cost. The groom's parents had a local ritzy restaurant closed down to accommodate everyone from out of town plus the bridal party. Unfortunately we weren't able to stay the whole time. Earlier that same night my nephew had a seizure and was rushed to the ER. As soon as we heard, we took off to relieve my mom who was watching Lucy so her and I could meet my sister at the hospital. My nephew has no history of seizures, and as of the time they released him that night they had no answers as to why it'd happened. More testing is to be done on Monday.
On a happier note, Saturday was the wedding of 2 great friends of ours, Jim and Lisa. Dan was in the wedding as a groomsman and I was Lisa's makeup artist. Despite Dan's broken shoe and muddy tux from falling during pictures, it was a wonderful ceremony and reception. It was such a fun time to see all the friends again, since our lives kinda keep us from spending a lot of time together. I'll try to get some pictures from the wedding up on here, along with the photo booth pics we had taken while there. Such a cute idea. The happy couple are now on their way to St. Lucia for their honeymoon. They seem so happy together, it's wonderful to see. Congrats again you two!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Congrats Lisa and Jim!
ReplyDelete